We are excited to announce the release of Alluxio Enterprise 2.2.1-1.4! This is a patch release on the Alluxio Enterprise 2.2.X line. It contains a variety of bug fixes and performance improvements to Alluxio Enterprise 2.2.0. It is recommended to upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 as soon as possible.
Downloads can be found here.
- Fix typo in alluxio-fuse script
- Remove default values for deprecated properties
- Use an event-loop per network-group
- Add missing toString() to GrpcConnectionKey
- Make config reinit executor static
- Stop tracking connections in copycat client/server
- Fix fetching max-msg-size for embedded-journal transport
- Prevent format calls in UnderFileSystemWithLogging
- Release resources properly within Worker ReadHandler
- Fix recursive ufs listing
- Bump default connection count for streaming channels
- Call builder correctly for gRPC channel message size
- Use property templates for max connection count
- Optimize gRPC managed resource handling
- Improve Fuse start script
- Use concurrent hashmap for should report metrics
- Make master inbound message size configurable
- Improve performance of sasl authentication
- Retry block streams with exponential back-off policy
- Add logs for FileSystemContext life-cycle
- Make connection multiplexing bounded for streaming channels
- Fix inheritance for empty owner on createPath and sync
- Keep state lock for duration of journal context
- (Enterprise Edition) Use FQDN when renewing delegation tokens
- (Enterprise Edition) Improve performance for impersonation during Kerberos authentication
- (Enterprise Edition) Login server user before distributing a new capability key
- (Enterprise Edition) Use the login user for setting owners
- (Enterprise Edition) Add authentication from Web UI
- (Enterprise Edition) Support multi path format in transparent URI
- (Enterprise Edition) Fix expired capability token in worker client pool
We are extremely excited to announce the release of Alluxio Enterprise 2.2.0-1.0!
This release is the General Availability (GA) release of Alluxio Structured Data Services (SDS), the subsystem of Alluxio responsible for managing and transforming structured data, such as databases, tables, and partitions.
Alluxio Enterprise 2.2.0-1.0 also contains several major improvements to the stability, reliability, and performance of the core system. It is intended to be backwards compatible with previous releases on the Alluxio Enterprise 2.x line.
Downloads can be found here.
Alluxio Structured Data Service (SDS)
The Alluxio SDS provides database, table, and partition level metadata to compute frameworks, such as Presto. Based on the data access pattern or explicit user request, it invokes the transformation engine to transparently reorganize data to best fit the workload’s needs, which can provide up to 5x performance improvement.
Alluxio 2.2.0 marks the GA of SDS for read-only workloads. A native integration with Presto is available in the latest Presto release. For older versions of Presto, the connector can be found in the Alluxio release artifact.
Welcome to try it out by reading more about how to get started with Alluxio’s structured data service in the documentation!
Alluxio Data Service
Data Service Engine
The Data Service Engine has been rearchitected to support high performance and scalability required in large scale deployments, especially when utilizing Alluxio SDS.
Data Service Monitoring
In this release, Alluxio Data Service also includes a new CLI for querying information about the state of the job service and throttling capabilities based on the load a node is experiencing. See the documentation for more details.
Online journal backups are now available. A secondary master will take a backup of the journal while the primary master continues to serve requests, allowing for backups to be taken with no downtime.
DevOps - Log Collection
The Alluxio CLI packages a cluster diagnostic tool,
This allows users to easily gather relevant cluster information for debugging purposes.
See the docs for more information.
Important System Improvements
- Improvements to HDFS Active Sync to allow parallel syncs on multiple mount points
- Support for wasbs URIs (secure wasb)
- Optimization of reads to remote HDFS clusters
- Optimization of list worker RPCs
- Optimization of worker metrics collection
- (Enterprise Edition) Added a new feature to automatically sync UDB periodically
- (Enterprise Edition) Improved performance and data type support for sort
- (Enterprise Edition) Added a way to bypass some URLs when using transparent URI
Important Bug fixes
- An issue with clients hanging within long-running processes has been resolved
- An issue when backing-up and restoring a cluster which used the RocksDB block store has been fixed
- An issue with tagged metrics not being aggregated has been fixed
- An issue with short-lived meter metrics not being recorded accurately has been fixed
- An issue with impersonating multiple users with single client